1. Scrappy Sprouts (2013) - FCMQG Bee Blocks - Top Complete and backing chosen
2. Orange Pirate Quilt (2007) - Assembled Top 1/11/15
3. Fresh Squeezed Mystery Bag (2008) - Cut and in baggie
4. Halloween Pillowcases (2013) - in WIP drawer
5. Rainbow Rail Fence (2010) - Basted
6. Madrona Road Challenge Pillow (2012) - Top complete, backing/binding chosen in WIP drawer
7. Flannel Squares (????) - Top together and gave to Jodi D. to quilt and donate 1/10/15
8. Aqua and Grey Dresden Mini (2010) - dresdens made needs top completed
9. Charity Nine Patches (2006) - Assembled Top 1/10/15
10. Broncos Majestic Mountains (2006) - Assembled Top 1/11/15
11. Spring Strings Blocks (2005) - Assembled Top 1/11/15
12. Mom's Blue and Yellow top (1990s) - redoing borders
13. Dragon Round Robin (2004) - needs bound
14. Left over B&W flying geese (2009) - Gave away 1/11/15
15. Knitting Bag for Nancy (???) - Mischievous Gnome Messenger Bag Pattern
I have a few other old projects laying around, but these are the ones I am the most motivated to finish. It I could get 12 of these done this year I would be so happy!
I have so many UFOs that I want to be held accountable and join The Littlest Thistle's Finish Along 2014 Q1. With my cancer surgery and radiation, I might not finish all these in Q1, but it is nice to have them all in one place and I can always move them to the next Quarter! 1. DQS#14 - This has a due date (1/24), but has been lingering in this state over a month.
2. MQG Madrona Road Challenge - I made a scrappy trip along top and ran out of fabric. So I ordered more then left it sitting.
3. Anni's Red, Aqua, Grey, Pink Quilt - Blocks from swaps all here 4. Eiry's Red, Aqua, Grey, Pink Quilt - Blocks from swaps need two more Scrappy Trip Along blocks
5. Anni's Munki Munki Quilt - Blocks done
6. Eiry's Munki Munki Quilt - Blocks need sashings added
7. Super Old UFO - Charity Nine Patch - Blocks done and need sashing
8. Orange Pirate Quilt - Fabric Cut
9. Mendocino Quilt - Nothing cut, but the fabric has been in a pretty stack waiting for three months
10. Hugs for my helpers - When I am sewing, I normally have one girl on each side of me 'helping'. I need to be calmer and remember they love me and want to be with me and are not actually trying to mess me up while sewing.
I have not posted since March 2011 and I feel a little bad. I really have so few readers that I am not sure if I should feel bad at all. Here is the reason for my absence...
Eiry and Anni born prematurely on November 1st, 2011.
I have not been sewing much at all since I got pregnant with them as it was a rough pregnancy and I was so uncomfortable. I did get the biding on my RK strawberry quilt.
I also got three quilts quilted for free by Lovebug Studios... my HR Bee quilt, the Fresh Squeezed top, and a String quilt. The binding is attached to them as of January 1st, 2012, but it will take some time to bind all three. I will post about them as I finish.
I entered the lottery for DQS12 today and hope to get included again. I have so enjoyed it in the past and was very sad not to be able to play last round.
So I got super busy in January and finished a bunch of my smaller UFOs including the one picked for February. My Double X mini was the top made int he last month of my Small Quilts class. I still have the very first top from that class to quilt and bind and I think it should be next one on my to-do list.
I am also only halfway done with my DQS10 top and am leaving for Europe in 8 days. So we know what I should be working on right now!
Here is the last progress picture I took of it...
It has the rickrack attacked and is laying on the backing (about two feet away staring at me hoping that I get some more work done on it today). All I really have left is the flying geese border and the quilting/binding. If I can get the top finished and basted I can do the rest on the 14 hour plane ride or during my trip. We will see!!!
I am still hard at work on my UFOs. For the month of February, Judy chose #10 which is a mini quilt that I already finished in January. So I have a month to work on anything that I want... actually because of my trip in March I have to start and finish my quilt for the DQS10 this month.
While grocery shopping last week, I happened to look at the clearance isle of football stuff that was reduced since football is over here. While browsing the clearance I found a poly/cotton blend pillow case that will be a perfect center for the Broncos quilt! Yeah, I have pulled out those blocks and they are on my short list.
I am still undecided about the String Swap Blocks, because they are just brightly colored string blocks which I have gotten over already. I think I just need to choose a color and sash them into a top and get it DONE. Maybe aqua or white... hmmmm....
The Variation Stars top is still at the quilters, but I have the binding cut and ironed already. I also still need to get a photo of this.
I am half way done binding the Halloween quilt. It turned out awesome! I used a new quilter Eagle Mounting Quilters and they did a great job on this quilt. I love the lime green thread she chose!
Three of the mini quilts got done in January. Only one left... the Rainbow Rail Fence Mini and I have no idea how to quilt it!
I also finished binding the Brown Bag Challenge Quilt and am looking for a good place to donate it. It is way to girly for this household of boys.
I also started two new projects... a lime/gray quilt for which I have been collecting fabrics over a year and a batik quilt made with some green/blue batiks a friend generously gave to me. Little did she know my unlike of batiks...
I have been pretty sick the last few days and am hoping to get well by Friday because that is the next Sweatshop night at my LQS and I obviously still have lots to do!
Broncos Top - I think I have found a center, but it is knit. I am debating on whether it will work as a quilt center if I back it in interfacing or not....
Halloween – I have made the backing and mailed this to a quilter.
Variation Stars – I finished the borders and have made the backing and mailed this to a quilter.
Maple Leaf Mini - This is completely finished and ready to be gifted.
BBCQ - This has a backing and is at the quilters.
The variation stars was drawn by Judy for this months UFO and I finished it first and then kept on going. I am wanting to finish all of my list, but it is such a boring list that I really want to start something new.
I forgot to take photos of most of my completed tops that are now at the quilters... But here is the one I remembered, the Brown Bag Challenge Quilt.
I also managed to complete a ton of blocks for the 3 by 6 Mini Bee (check my Flickr photostream). I made angel blocks from my group from last quarter (4th qtr 2010) because one of our ladies went missing. I also completed the blocks for my ladies this quarter (1st qtr 2011) that are not actually due until March 15th! Woohoo!
I also finished my January blocks for BUZZCUTs for Andrea.
Maybe I can keep up the good work, but I feel the motivation waning...