Tuesday, May 25, 2010
April BUZZCUTs for Sara we made monochromatic blocks from our stash. I got to pick my favorite color... Green.
April SK@H2 for Becca we made cute blocks with her novelty focus fabrics.
April Sweet Dreams Bee for Terrie we made blocks with her fabrics that featured the cutie kids fabric. April was the final month for this bee!
April Stash Busting Int'l for Kyra we made postage stamp blocks. This block took a long time for being simple squares.
In May BUZZCUTs started all over for another year and I got to go first this time! I sent out white fabrics and asked for a blue/green block from everyone following a specific pattern that has recently gotten popular in Flickrland. Check out the linky to see what people have been creating for me!
May SK@H2 for Ida we used her white background and added 2.5" bright squares from our stash.
May Stash Busting Int'l was for Corey and had tons of little (1" finsihed) squares that I added to her lovely grey solid.
For June in the Stash Busting Int'l, it is my month and I am having them make more more of the blocks that BUZZCUTs made for me in May. I should get 24 or so 16" blocks and hope to make a duvet cover for my own bed.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Here is all I need to finish by 5/31 or sooner….
1. May ‘Small Quilt’ for class – 240 1.5” HSTs already sewn, but need cut, ironed and pieced into a top (maybe I can cut and iron them tonight)
2. Two more April virtual bee blocks – Ida and Barb (all the pieces are cut, but they need pieced)
3. ABC tops 3X – get the blocks finished and assembled
4. Backing for Green Strawberries quilt (do I even have fabric for this???)
Then I need to get my Modify Tradition ideas sorted out and start working on a top to be mailed around June 8th.
Now that I write it all down it does not seem too bad… LOL If I can get the first three things on my list done at Sweatshop, I would be in a good place. I have to finish the first two because they have actual due dates. The 3rd is harder than it looks and is on my Spring to Finish 2010 Challenge list so I really want to at least get something done on them.
Friday, May 7, 2010
I still have so many UFO/WIPs that I am going to try and be conservative this time. I am listing 5 WIPs/UFOs that I think I might actually be able to finish in the allotted time frame.
1. Get my Sew Kid @ Heart top ready for the quilter (finish top, borders and find a backing)
2. Get Ronin's ABC top together (fabrics cut, but that's it)
3. Get Zach's's ABC top together (fabrics cut)
4. Get School Charity ABC top together (fabrics cut)
5. Stay on time with all my VQB blocks for April and May
If I achieve these goals then I am going to cave in and buy the last 5-7 yards of the KJR blue basket weave hidden in the back at my LQS. – ALREADY DONE!
AS I get each project finished, I will try to get a picture up as soon as I can.