Tuesday, March 3, 2009

DQS6 info about me

Hi swap partner! Just wanted to give you a few hints as to what I'd like in a doll quilt! Hope this helps some!

- you can check out my Flickr favorites for quilt styles and colors that I like
- color favorites: Green, Blue, Brights
- color dislikes: dark colors or pale colors
- fabric likes: retro, modern, fun designs, novelties...Amy Butler, Heather Ross, Heather Bailey, cute Japanese, Kawaii, folksy, houses, birds, trees, polka dots, stars, mushrooms, clouds, clover, gnomes
- fabric dislikes: civil war reproductions, 30s prints, shabby chic florals, country
- doll quilt will be hung on a wall

About me: I learned to sew from my grandmother when I was 4 years old. I love making historical costumes and quilts. Only recently have I started making doll quilts and I love the ability to try out a new pattern on the smaller scale. I like many things, but mostly whimsical and fun. Most of the photos on this blog are of things I have made for other people and do not really reflect my personal favorites. My flickr has more photos and shows a wider array of what I like to make especially in my favorites.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Hi, I just wanted to check whether the charms arrived safely? I'm hoping they would ahve arrived by now.