Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Sewing Spaces

On a blog I like to read, Sew Mama Sew, there is a contest and tag game about people's sewing rooms. So I am going to participate...
  • What do you usually sew? Renaissance Costumes, Quilts and recently Stuffed Dolls
  • When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? If you see something beautiful, but you don’t have a use for it right away, how much do you buy? I like to buy FQs and up to a yard of things I like and novelties. If I love it, then it depends on the price. I have 5-6 yards of the Moda Strawberry Lemonade fabrics I found on sale.
  • Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need? Both, normally I need one thing and bring home many.
  • Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it? Nope, I love the crinkly look.
  • Do you iron it? If I wash it, yes, otherwise only if it is very wrinkly and I need to cut it.
  • How do you sort it? Color or collection and separate out polka dots and stars.
  • Do you have any special folding techniques? Not really.
  • How do you store your fabric? On shelves, in tubs and stacked. See pics...
  • What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash? Always look at the sale section!
  • When do you say enough is enough? Never!
  • What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects? Doll Quilts!
  • Do you have a current favorite print in your stash? I am really into Kawaii right now and love the fairytale line from kokka.
  • What’s your definition of the perfect stash? Well used, organized and bright!
Here is a view when you look into the door of my sewing/laundry room...
Sewing Room 011

Books and WIP storage...
Sewing Room 012

My precise scrap storage... LOL
Sewing Room 013

Former Sewing Table and Current Organizing/Packing Table...
Sewing Room 014

Color Coded Quilting Fabrics...
Sewing Room 015

The Closet...
Sewing Room 016

Where I actually sew... The Dining Table!
Sewing Room 007

No comments: