- What do you usually sew? Renaissance Costumes, Quilts and recently Stuffed Dolls
- When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? If you see something beautiful, but you don’t have a use for it right away, how much do you buy? I like to buy FQs and up to a yard of things I like and novelties. If I love it, then it depends on the price. I have 5-6 yards of the Moda Strawberry Lemonade fabrics I found on sale.
- Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need? Both, normally I need one thing and bring home many.
- Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it? Nope, I love the crinkly look.
- Do you iron it? If I wash it, yes, otherwise only if it is very wrinkly and I need to cut it.
- How do you sort it? Color or collection and separate out polka dots and stars.
- Do you have any special folding techniques? Not really.
- How do you store your fabric? On shelves, in tubs and stacked. See pics...
- What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash? Always look at the sale section!
- When do you say enough is enough? Never!
- What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects? Doll Quilts!
- Do you have a current favorite print in your stash? I am really into Kawaii right now and love the fairytale line from kokka.
- What’s your definition of the perfect stash? Well used, organized and bright!
Books and WIP storage...
My precise scrap storage... LOL
Former Sewing Table and Current Organizing/Packing Table...
Color Coded Quilting Fabrics...
Where I actually sew... The Dining Table!